I’m well past playing any. Instead, I talk a good game.
What I mean is, I commentate. I’ve been doing football and rugby league commentary for Huddersfield Hospital Radio since 2008. Prior to that, I was doing it for Leeds Rhinos RLFC for four years.
Every Monday on Huddersfield Hospital Radio, we have a half-hour sport talk show where the team and I dissect the main talking points of the previous weekend and throw forward to upcoming events.
I don’t do much football blogging any more. When I do, it’s at the home of football sarcasm that is Euroballs. Previously, I’ve written for The Two Unfortunates, The Magic Spongers, We Are Going Up and In Bed With Maradona.
I had a column in Forty-20 magazine for a bit as well. Something I may go back to one day, I hope.
Here are some bits that I’m more than usually proud of:
- The Greatest Sporting Rogers for Sabotage Times
- Where Have All The Nicknames Gone? for IBWM
- True Football Stories: Shaolin Soccer for Magic Spongers
- On Lee Clark getting fired by Huddersfield Town for The Two Unfortunates
- A match report I did for York City on a very cold and very boring away game at Rushden & Diamonds
- Stop Cheerleaders for Little Grubbers
- Opening up to democracy ‘seriously harms’ Burma’s F1 bid for News Arse
- Horses call for London Marathon changes for News Arse
- Celebrations at CERN on discovery of new FIFA ranking for News Arse
- Dog “treated like Carlos Tevez”, court hears for News Arse
- World of golf mourns Kim Jong-Il for News Arse
- Insanity embargo for three Championship clubs for Euroballs
- Multi-purpose gossip column for Euroballs
- In praise of: Non-league football terraces for Euroballs
- Calling out Nick Knight for Tasty Morkels
- Sachin Tendulkar and the statistical bucket for Tasty Morkels
- The hair weave vs baldness – which is better? for Tasty Morkels
- Beards vs moustaches – which is better? for Tasty Morkels
- Next country to be invaded by Russia during and Olympics to be named for Newsbiscuit
- Non-league football club announces sponsorship deal with local loan shark ‘Big Dave’ for Newsbiscuit
- The Argument: In 2016, football is as political as ever for The Two Unfortunates
- When Eagles Dared for IBWM
- On second teams – well, my second team for The Two Unfortunates
Given that I watch Huddersfield Town quite a lot, you also get to hear me on occasion along with the lads on the Thrice Champions podcast, which is usually a giggle. Expect intolerance of poor players and love for ambitious German coaches.
And when I’m not doing that, I’ll be at York City.